This website no longer supports outdated browsers like Internet Explorer. For the best user experience, please upgrade to a supported browser.

If I work in Philadelphia, am I subject to both the Philadelphia tax and my local tax?

If you work and are taxed in the City of Philadelphia, you may apply a credit to your local tax for the amount paid on Philadelphia wage tax. The credit may not exceed the amount of your local tax liability on the wages earned in Philadelphia. You may not transfer the credit to your spouse. You are still required to complete the local final return for the community where you live and provide documentation showing the amount of wage tax paid to Philadelphia. 


This translation is powered by TranslatePress. Anyone relying on information obtained using this translation does so at his or her own risk. Keystone does not guarantee the accuracy or reliability of any information of the translated pages.

Some pages, forms or features found on, and/or may not be translated.

If information on the translated page conflicts with the English version, the terms of the English version will control.