The Agile Project Manager (APM) is responsible for the timely delivery of high-quality technical solutions that drive key business strategies. The APM leads a cross functional development team through all phases of the product development process, from discovery, through development, to product launch. The APM uses his/her toolbox of Agile practices, Project Management processes, and facilitation skills to predictably produce high-quality software releases. The APM is responsible for creating agile plans, reporting status to management, resolving critical project issues, and building an effective project team. The APM is part of a leadership team that drives process improvements, especially Agile improvements, across the entire Software Team.
- Leads the project team through all phases of the Software Development process.
- Facilitates all Scrum ceremonies seeking to create a regular “Sprint Rhythm”.
- Identifies and drives implementation of continuous improvements within the project team.
- Proactively identifies and helps to resolve issues that impact achievement of team sprint commitments.
- Regularly reports overall project status to management and key stakeholders, escalating major issues as necessary.
- Maintains a project repository of historical and current project information.
- Facilitates team meetings and other day-to-day activities as required by the team.
- Ensures the team is fully functional, cooperating, and productive.
- Shields team from external interferences and removes obstacles.
- Administers and manages business relationships with the project’s external consultants and third parties ensuring they meet their project obligations.
- Suggests and implements improvements to project management, software development and other organizational processes.
- With the Product Owner and Development Manager, provides the project team a concise vision and creates a positive team environment.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field.
- Experience: 2+ years working as a Scrum Master on software development projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated history of successful project delivery in an agile environment.
- Formal Scrum and/or Project Management training.
- Knowledge of various project planning and tracking tools such as Azure DevOps, Trello, JIRA
- Strong motivation and initiative.
- Organized, detail orientated and thorough.
- Strong planning skills – schedules, resource allocation, issue management, tracking, etc.
- Able to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills as well as highly effective communication skills.
- Strong desire to help improve processes and mentor others.
- Situational leadership.