Lead the day-to-day activities related to the operation of the call center. Responsible for leading, provides support, resolves problems, and serves as main point of escalation for all taxpayer related issues. Monitors overall call performance, support strategic planning, analyze data, maintain adequate staffing levels, and collaborate with senior management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and direct the day-to-day functions of a call center team.
- Measure performance of staff with key metrics such as average handle time, after call work, etc.
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures for attendance, quality assurance, and taxpayer satisfaction.
- Acts as source of information and answers questions from staff and provides guidance when needed.
- Implement and review call center policies and procedures.
- Carries out performance monitoring, measurement, and evaluation of team to improve efficiency and ensure optimal performance of call center staff.
- Motivate and encourage staff through positive communication and feedback.
- Serves as the main point of escalation for all customer service issues.
- Support Team Leads to hire, train, and on-board new customer service representatives.
- Provide ongoing support of staff through call monitoring, coaching and training.
- Prepares and directs scheduling, monitors representatives’ attendance, shifts and breaks as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree with at least 7 years of professional experience; preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in customer service industry
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a lead role (call center environment preferred)
- Excellent communication, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Proven time management skills and ability to work well under pressure
- Experience hiring, training, and leading a team in an inbound call center environment and managing call center metrics
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proficient with using call center software applications
- Manage and direct a team of customer service representatives and team leads.