The Delinquent Real Estate Tax Specialist is tasked with performing all functions related to the collection of delinquent real estate taxes, including, but not limited to: sending out delinquency notices, filing civil lawsuits at the Magisterial District Court level, initiating rent garnishments, initiating judgment enforcement actions on unpaid civil judgments.
- Mail delinquent notices – both Act 20 notices and New Year Letters
- Review accounts in anticipation of filing civil lawsuits
- Draft and file civil lawsuits at the Magisterial District Court level
- Initiate judgment enforcement actions against unpaid civil judgments
- Initiate rent garnishments pursuant to applicable PA law
- Maintain contact with Magisterial District Court staff and constables to aide collection efforts
- Update and maintain attorneys’ calendars regarding court appearances
- Answer escalated phone calls on certain delinquent real estate tax issues
- Review and check tax certifications
Education, Experience, and Certifications
- High school graduate or have an equivalency certificate (GED)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Keyboarding experience with speed and accuracy; preferably numeric keys
- Ability to recognize and correct errors and learn from mistakes.
- Experience with computer applications
- Basic MS Office Suite knowledge
Physical Requirements Necessary to Complete this Job
Candidate must be able to sit for at least 2 hours at a time without getting up.