Team Lead will work closely with the Processing Supervisor to ensure the team’s overall performance for the collection of delinquent real estate taxes. The Team Lead will be responsible for providing daily directions, monitoring of output, efficient communication with the Law team, and establishing daily communication within the team. Additional responsibilities will include but not be limited to performing all functions related to the collection of delinquent real estate taxes, sending out delinquency notices, filing civil lawsuits at the Magisterial District Court level, initiating rent garnishments, and initiating judgment enforcement actions on unpaid civil judgments.
- Schedule, coordinate, and execute the timely entering of delinquent real estate data.
- Schedule, coordinate, and execute the timely mailing of delinquent notices.
- Coordinate the review of delinquent accounts for lawsuit selection.
- Develop and modify processes in conjunction with Law Department to increase efficiencies and output.
- Monitor collections total and strategize to increase collections.
- Draft and file civil lawsuits at the Magisterial District Court level
- Initiate rent garnishments pursuant to applicable PA law
- Maintain contact with Magisterial District Court staff and constables to aide collection efforts.
- Update and maintain attorneys’ calendars regarding court appearances.
- Answer escalated phone calls on certain delinquent real estate tax issues.
- Maintain training materials for team members and for the call center.
- Review and check tax certifications.
Education, Experience, and Certifications
- High school graduate or have an equivalency certificate (GED)
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, office processes, practices, and computer software applications.
- Previous professional experience leading a team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent writing, editing, proofing, listening, and grammar skills.
- Professional phone and email expertise
- Discretion, good judgment ability, adaptable, and versatile individual
- Effective organizational & time management skills
- Strong oral & interpersonal skills
- Initiative and ability to operate independently.
- Positive attitude
*Partial remote work