The supervisor will be responsible for leading the day-to-day activities of two tax processing teams that complete tax payments, review individual final tax returns, and provide seasonal support to the call center. Monitor overall team performance, support strategic company planning, maintain adequate staffing levels, and collaborate across the company.
- Provide overall direction and support to team members.
- Organize workflows to ensure that employees understand their duties and can work efficiently.
- Acknowledge and implement areas for process improvements related to the team and company.
- Motivate and encourage staff through positive communication and feedback.
- Monitor employee productivity and provide necessary feedback and/or coaching.
- Receive complaints, resolve problems, and provide solutions.
- Manage the annual performance life cycle for your teams: establish goals, evaluate performance, provide feedback, and incorporate the information into overall metrics for the department.
- Ensure adherence to company policies, procedures, and information security.
- Share information from upper management to employees and vice versa.
- Emphasis on continuous process improvement.
- Assess and plan for appropriate number of staff.
- Assist in hiring and training new employees and/or temporary staff members.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Experience: 5 + years of supervisory experience with demonstrated success managing teams, coaching individuals, and owning the performance evaluation process.
- 3+ years working in a lead role with demonstrated success leading teams through technology, process, and product change.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to learn a variety of tasks within your teams.
- Ability to navigate through various departments.
- Ability to proactively identify and evaluate issues and implement solutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of MS Office.
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and deadline-oriented environment.