Software Engineer works as part of a team producing high quality software applications and solutions. This person uses industry-standard software development practices to develop, test, and release software to internal and external customers. The Software Engineer works with minimal supervision and is continuously seeking to improve skills by learning independently and from peers.
- Develop and test software applications with minimal supervision.
- Understand and adhere to the software development process and standards.
- Ensure timely completion of software tasks escalating problems or issues when encountered.
- Work collaboratively in a cross-functional project team ensuring accurate project plans and status reports.
- Continuously seek to improve technical skills and business knowledge.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience: 2+ years of professional software development experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience using relational databases such as MS SQL in a high transaction environment is desired.
- Understanding and commitment to use quality practices such as unit-testing, continuous integration and code reviews.
- Experience working with cross-functional project teams using agile practices.
- Willingness to learn from mistakes, take feedback from others, and independently develop technical and behavioral skills.
- Collaborative working style that values team success of individual success.