How do I receive credit for the tax I paid to a municipality in another state?

Taxes paid to local municipalities in other states may apply as a credit directly against local tax liability. To claim this credit for income taxes paid to a local municipality in another state, income must be subject to both the out-of-state municipal tax and the earned income tax where you reside.