Keystone offices are closed Monday, May 27 in observance of Memorial Day.

This website no longer supports outdated browsers like Internet Explorer. For the best user experience, please upgrade to a supported browser.

How do I request a tax overpayment refund on behalf of a deceased person?

  • If there is an estate, provide a written request for the refund from the executor and proof that the requesting party is the estate executor.  Refunds will be made to the estate.
  • If there is no estate, provide a copy of the death certificate, a written request for the refund and a notarized letter stating that the requesting party is entitled to the refund.  Refunds will be issued to the requestor.
  • If the above documents cannot be provided, a letter signed by the requestor’s attorney stating that the attorney sees no legal reason why the money should not be distributed to the requestor.  The refund check will be issued to the requestor. 

Refund requests can be submitted via the Contact form.


This translation is powered by TranslatePress. Anyone relying on information obtained using this translation does so at his or her own risk. Keystone does not guarantee the accuracy or reliability of any information of the translated pages.

Some pages, forms or features found on, and/or may not be translated.

If information on the translated page conflicts with the English version, the terms of the English version will control.