This website no longer supports outdated browsers like Internet Explorer. For the best user experience, please upgrade to a supported browser.

I work in Philadelphia and live outside of Philadelphia. Am I required to pay both the Philadelphia commuter tax and my local earned income tax?

No. You may claim a credit against your local taxes based upon the tax you pay to Philadelphia. The credit is applicable only up to the amount of your local tax liability outside of Philadelphia. You must file a local earned income tax return to claim your credit, and provide a W-2 showing the tax paid to Philadelphia.


This translation is powered by TranslatePress. Anyone relying on information obtained using this translation does so at his or her own risk. Keystone does not guarantee the accuracy or reliability of any information of the translated pages.

Some pages, forms or features found on, and/or may not be translated.

If information on the translated page conflicts with the English version, the terms of the English version will control.