This website no longer supports outdated browsers like Internet Explorer. For the best user experience, please upgrade to a supported browser.

I work out of state and I pay income tax there. Do I have to respond to the delinquent notice you sent?

Yes. Even if you pay state or local income tax to a jurisdiction outside of Pennsylvania, you must show proof that you have sufficient out-of-state tax credits to satisfy your local tax obligation. Credit for tax paid out of state applies only to the same items of income taxed out of state and in Pennsylvania.

Please send a copy of your employer-provided W-2 confirming out-of-state earnings and income tax withheld (Boxes 15-20), along with either a copy of your PA Schedule G-L or a non-resident out-of-state income tax return. Send a copy of the delinquent notice with your out-of-state income and tax documentation so we can quickly resolve this issue for you. Please file your local earned income tax return every year by the statutory due date to avoid potentially receiving delinquent notices in the future.

Keystone’s e-file is the easiest and fastest way to file your local tax return. It takes just minutes.

State law requires Pennsylvania residents with earned income, wages and/or net profits, to file an annual local earned income tax return and supply income and withholding documentation, such as a W-2. Even if you have employer withholding or are not expecting a refund, you must file an annual tax return.


This translation is powered by TranslatePress. Anyone relying on information obtained using this translation does so at his or her own risk. Keystone does not guarantee the accuracy or reliability of any information of the translated pages.

Some pages, forms or features found on, and/or may not be translated.

If information on the translated page conflicts with the English version, the terms of the English version will control.