This website no longer supports outdated browsers like Internet Explorer. For the best user experience, please upgrade to a supported browser.

I received a delinquent earned income tax notice. I do not think I owe the tax. How do I contact Keystone to file a dispute?

In certain instances, taxpayers may not be required to remit payment, but still must submit documentation to show evidence that the tax is not due. The tax may not be owed if the taxpayer:

  • Paid the tax to the wrong Pennsylvania community and only needs to move it to the correct jurisdiction
  • Worked in and paid sufficient income tax to the City of Philadelphia during the tax year(s) indicated
  • Worked outside of Pennsylvania and was subject to another state’s income tax during the tax year(s) indicated
  • Reported income on the state tax return (PA-40) that is not subject to local tax
  • Did not live in the community indicated on the delinquent tax notice for the tax years identified on the notice

Taxpayers who meet any of the above criteria can submit the required documents to dispute a claim online using Keystone’s e-Pay. Access our uploading documentation FAQ for step-by-step instructions.


This translation is powered by TranslatePress. Anyone relying on information obtained using this translation does so at his or her own risk. Keystone does not guarantee the accuracy or reliability of any information of the translated pages.

Some pages, forms or features found on, and/or may not be translated.

If information on the translated page conflicts with the English version, the terms of the English version will control.